The University of Alabama: myBama

Submitting a Change of Grade

Most changes of grade may now be submitted through myBama. (Grades issued prior to fall 2005 and grades for students who have already graduated cannot be changed online.) To initiate the change of grade request:

  1. Go to
  2. Sign in using your Bama user name and password. If you don't know yours, click the "Forgot your password?" link and follow the instructions.
  3. [myBama login page]
  4. Click on the Faculty tab. Notice the Banner Self Services channel in the top left corner.
  5. [Banner Self Services channel, not expanded]
  6. Click on the Faculty & Advisors folder to expand the menu.
  7. [Banner Self Services channel, Faculty & Advisors expanded]
  8. Select Submit a Grade Change Request, which is also available from the Faculty Services menu within Banner Self Service.
  9. [Faculty Services Menu]
  10. Select the term for the grade you want to change.
  11. [Choose a term]
  12. Select the course for which the grade was issued.
  13. [Choose a Course]
  14. Select the appropriate student. (Note that the selection list will not include students who have already graduated.)
  15. [Choose a student]
  16. Finally, select both the new grade and the reason for the change.
  17. [Grade Change Request Form]

Once you have submitted the Grade Change Request, it will go to the Dean of the college offering the course (or his/her designee). Once confirmed there, the change will be automatically updated in Banner and myBama. The student's GPA will also be updated, and he or she will receive an e-mail notification of the changed grade.

Every week, a percentage of grade changes submitted will be flagged for direct follow-up with the faculty member for verification purposes only.